Rio Chico is one of the most spectacular properties in all of Jamaica. Set on 14 acres of rolling lawns, tropical gardens, mountain fed river streams and water falls, this stately colonial Jamaican estate boasts some of the most breathtaking views of the Caribbean and some of the most beautifully kept grounds imaginable.
Located in Ocho Rios on Jamaica’s North Coast just minutes from town, this expansive and hidden 14-acre estate is approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes’ drive from Montego Bay Airport or a 15 minute drive from the smaller Ian Fleming Airport in Boscobel.
Rio Chico’s main house boasts six, well-appointed guest bedrooms with countless private balconies and sitting areas and a newly expanded oversized patio looking out over the pool and sea beyond. This, along with a cozy guest cottage nestled by the sea providing two more guest rooms, makes this eight bedroom estate perfect for large gatherings.
The villa comes with a large private staff (two butlers, private chef and sous chef, housekeepers, water-sports guru, multiple groundskeepers and 24 hour security) to pamper the guests, cook and serve their meals and ensure their comfort throughout their stay.
The Villa also has two private beaches, two fresh water pools, a river pool at the base of one of the private waterfalls on the property and a Jacuzzi overlooking the sea for the guest’s enjoyment along with plenty of water toys for all ages.
- A substantial residence comprising the main house having 10,500 sq. ft. and guest cottage nestled beside the sea in the grounds comprising 1,600 sq. ft.
- The principal residence has 6 double bedrooms, all en suite, with countless private balconies looking out over the swimming pool and with sea views beyond
- The guest cottage has 2 further double guest rooms and terraces, overlooking the gardens
- All bedrooms with air conditioning, complimentary plush robes, towels, luxury bath and beauty products
- The estate has in excess of 14 acres of rolling lawns, tropical gardens, mountain fed river streams and waterfalls as well as breathtaking views of the Caribbean
- The estate benefits from 2 private beaches, 2 fresh water swimming pools, and a jacuzzi overlooking the Caribbean sea
- The estate also benefits from a river pool at the base of one of the private waterfalls
- The estate comes with the benefit of kayaks, paddle boards, snorkel gear, sail boats, and more besides, with a water sports guru available on site to help and facilitate guests
- Variety of indoor and outdoor activities for guests
- Tennis court
- Fitness suite
- Massage and other therapies available on site
- Meals are served in a variety of special and romantic locations, for example, the patio overlooking the Caribbean sea, the sundeck by the river pool, or in the gardens beside the Italian fountain
- Rio Chico staff include 2 private chefs, 2 private butlers, 3 housekeepers, as well as grounds keepers and 24 hour security
- MAIN HOUSE (approx. 10500 sq. ft. including outdoor living space)
- Bedroom 1 – king 4 poster bed, AC, en suite bathroom with oversized soaking tub and walk-in steam shower, his and hers vanity, water-jet marble mosaic floor, all marble wall tile and counters, private WC, separate dressing room with wardrobes, flat screen TV, private patio with ocean view
- Bedroom 2 – two queen beds, AC, en suite bathroom with large walk-in shower, trough basin and vanity with Travertine and wood finishes, private WC, flat screen TV, shared terrace with garden view and access to new 2nd story ocean view terrace
- Bedroom 3 – king 4 poster bed, separate sitting room with day bed, flat screen TV, en suite bathroom with soaking tub and shower, free standing double sink vanity with all marble finishes, shared terrace with garden view and access to new 2nd story ocean view terrace
- Bedroom 4 – king 4 poster bed, AC, en suite bathroom with large soaking tub and adjacent walk-in shower, concrete slab tub deck and vanity with limestone, travertine and marble mosaic finishes giving a very Zen like feel, private WC, flat screen TV, private patio with ocean view
- Bedroom 5 – king 4 poster bed, AC, en suite bathroom with large freestanding vintage soaking tub and walk-in shower with Carrera marble and stained and lacquered wood finishes, flat screen TV, private patio with ocean view
- Bedroom 6 – king 4 poster bed, AC, en suite bathroom with large built in tub and oversized walk-in shower, large stainless steel sinks with Carrera marble and glass tile finishes, flat screen TV, private patio with ocean view
- GUEST HOUSE (approx.1600 sq. ft. including outdoor living space)
- Bedroom 7 – king 4 poster bed, flat screen TV, en suite bathroom with tub/shower – adjacent shared kitchenette with mini-fridge, coffee maker, microwave and sink and shared terrace overlooking garden
- Bedroom 8 – two twin beds, AC, en suite bathroom shower/tub combination, flat screen TV, and shared terrace overlooking garden
- Tennis court, basketball net, Ping-Pong, dominoes, board games, card games, exercise room equipped with elliptical and treadmill
- Wellness area with exercise pool, gym, sauna and massage rooms for massage and therapies
- 2 fresh water swimming pools both located seaside with spectacular views of the sea below
- 1 fresh water Jacuzzi also overlooking the sea
- 1 river fed fresh mountain water pool at the base of one of the multiple waterfalls on the property
- River with small waterfall to play in running right through the center of the property
- Kayaks, paddle boards, snorkel gear, sail boats, aqua cycle
- Scuba Diving is available at nearby Sandals Resort for adults and beginner classes for kids and Beaches Boscobel
Sleeps up to 16 guests in
Availability & Pricing
Price on Application
For enquiries or bookings: firstname.lastname@example.org
Swiss +41 (0) 27 771 7803
UK +44 (0)7797 718201